UNIVEN COMMERCIAL UNIT
- The Unit manages and administers all commercialization and some commercial projects in the name of the University of Venda.
- The Unit utilises individual researcher’s commercial talent fully for the benefit of all parties especially in specialised areas where UCC may not have the required skills.
- The unit establishes and invests in commercial ventures
UNIVEN CONSULTANCY UNIT
- The Unit is responsible for the management and administration of all consultancy projects.
- Consultancy activities include in the following:
- Consultancy between University and client/s (institutional contract).
- Consultancy between University staff and client/s (personal contract).
- Consultancy work in a wide range of areas
EDITING AND PROOFREADING UNIT (EPU)
- The EPU offers the following comprehensive services to the University for both academic and operational documentation and to all sectors of the economy, including corporate, government, NGOs and individuals:
- Developing house style
- Our task is to finesse the client’s document by ensuring smooth syntax; proper and precise wording and appropriate punctuation; and adhering to conventions of grammar.
- We always do it all: rereading, reviewing, rethinking, rearranging, repairing, restructuring, tightening, sharpening, smoothing, pruning, polishing, punching up, eliminating, transposing, condensing, connecting, cohering, unifying, perfecting!
THE STATISTICS AND RESEARCH DESIGN UNIT
The Unit offers comprehensive research design and statistical analysis, ensuring the highest possible standard of research design, statistical analysis and presentation of research findings.
The Unit offers the following services:
- Questionnaire development
- Data analysis
- Guidance or thesis writing
- Training on various statistical packages
UNIVEN CENTRE FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION
- The UNIVEN Centre for Continuing Education (UCCE) is responsible for administration, coordination and quality management of short learning programmes/courses across a diverse spectrum of disciplines.
- Its multi-disciplinary outreach arm offers credit and non-credit programmes/courses within the framework of life-long learning through part-time classes and other extension activities.
- Most of the short courses have a work integrated learning component